Home > photo > Picasso

Picasso

September 17th, 2007

The girls and I took the El to Daley Plaza Saturday, and we stopped for a bit to slide down the Picasso. It was a cool day with very low humidity levels, so they picked up quite a bit of speed sliding down the steel sculpture.

image

image

Categories: photo Tags:
  1. September 18th, 2007 at 14:42 | #1

Too cute!

2. Kevin
    September 18th, 2007 at 15:54 | #2

3. September 18th, 2007 at 16:12 | #3

–>But while you were there did you get the tax receipt from Steven Spielberg in the Cook County Assessor’s Office?

I did, but the 450 rifles all aimed at my head was a bit disconcerting, they never seemed to stop clicking…

4. jenny
    September 22nd, 2007 at 17:51 | #4

OK, those two are totally adorable. End of story.

5. neryssa
    September 23rd, 2007 at 13:02 | #5

You should post the one of them sitting on The El.  Also totally adorable.

6. September 26th, 2007 at 10:45 | #6

Hey maybe next time you come to the ‘Lou you can get them in a kayak in Keiner Plaza…just kidding, they’re just too cute.

7. brendan
    September 30th, 2007 at 18:48 | #7

I swear to god it’s only a matter of time before they fall off the side of that thing on to the pavement, or smack their heads on it.  That time I was there with them freaked my shit out.  I don’t know if it was: a. the tought of them actually being hurt; b. the thought of having to deal with them screaming in complete agony after a relatively minor incident; or c. the embarassment of the inevitable lawsuit against the City of Chicago, the workers that installed it, the person responsibile for maintaining the niusance, Picasso’s estate, and the manufacturer of the steel, that I would tell you to file after they hurt themselves; and the ensuing roping off or taking down of the display after said lawsuit.  Why don’t I have any kids again?…

I’m probably out of that Moz show in Indiana (WTF – Little Rock was booked that night?).  I’m starting this week in the Columbia PD office and probably shouldn’t ask off for such things right away.  You may as well scalp the tickets anyway to pay for Cubs playoff tickets.  Morrissey will play again – the Cubbies may not.

8. September 30th, 2007 at 20:50 | #8

They are under strict instruction not to get too close to the edge, after they scared the living shit out of me as well that night.

Too bad about Moz – I’ll have just seen him the Wed. prior. If the Cubs are playing that night I’ll have to scrap it anyway.

1. No trackbacks yet.